Impression Media Group is pretty much me, Michael Sladek, except when it’s not (see below). I like to think of Impression Media Group as a group of services, rather than a group of people. At least for now… I’m a self-trained graphic designer who’s been pushing pixels around since 1992. The journey to this career path is not the one I would have chosen, but it’s better than I could have dreamed.
My first projects were print based. Brochures, flyers, posters, etc… Then came logos and other identity materials. After that, the web came along, and I learned that, too. Along the way, I’ve also learned non-linear computer editing for video and rediscovered the joy of photography I first learned in junior high.
I’m proud to say that I consider most of my clients friends. I’ve have had the pleasure of partnering with many of them for ten plus years, and I appreciate every opportunity they’ve given me to learn and grow with them.
When the work calls for extra help, I am proud to lean on the following partners:
- Erik Steen at Blueblanket Studios for conversion of Photoshop docs to WordPress sites and making the voodoo magic happen effortlessly (at least for me).
- Laura Worthington for custom illustration and font design.
- Paul Schmidt at UnoDeuce Multimedia for all things video.
- Mary Holmes of Holmes Design Studio for photography and many, many other insights.
I’ve been blessed to work with several other companies to complete projects:
- John Anderson and Kaye Erickson at Alliance Printing for all things printed and attention to detail far above and beyond.
- Bob Sambrook at Diversified Systems Group, Inc. for: CD’s, DVD’s, Duplication, Short Run Digital Printing, Large Format Printing, and so much more…
- Scott Webb at HostIQ for bullet-proof web hosting and for being in the same time zone.
- Matt Sambrook at Northwest Fine Art Printing for Canvas and Fine Art Printing.